UAE Social Studies, Grade 1
The UAE Social Studies Curriculum is a fun and easy way for teachers to teach UAE Social Studies.
Enthrall your students with the many types of stories they’ll be reading: mysteries, plays, legends, fantasy, poems, letters, stories that take them back in time and more! Kids will take a journey with our colorful and exciting characters through the land and history of the United Arab Emirates.
Using this curriculum in a classroom is simple and easy. The curriculum is based on storytelling and Project Based Learning (PBL). Students read the assigned reading pages and complete accompanying activities. Reading assignments can be completed as a classroom or individually.The Curriculum Contains:
- 12 lessons. Each lesson, on average, takes approximately 25 - 40 minutes to complete. Lessons can be divided into smaller time periods (or what is most preferable to a teacher).
- A printed Activity Book for each student. Each Activity Book contains lessons, activities, stories, vocabulary words, maps and fun facts.
- An accompanying Teacher's Manual.
- The Teacher’s Manual includes: lesson-by-lesson assignments, lesson goals and corresponding standards from the UAE Ministry of Education Social Studies Standards, full text every reading assignment, fun facts, vocabulary words and a suggested formative assessment activity for each lesson with a suggested scoring method.
- Online log-in to enjoy the stories in an interactive and multi-media format. The stories come to life through video, images, music and useful links with more information.
What grades do you offer the curricula for?
At the moment, our curriculum covers Grades 1-5.
How much does this cost?
We realize your classroom size and needs vary so our packages are designed to make it easier on you.
The curriculum is available for Grades 1-5. Within each grade, we offer three types of packages. You can purchase any of the below packages online, on this website. To purchase online on this website, please select the package you desire in the box above.
Please note prices are in USD and do not include taxes.
Package for 25 Students, $700: Comes with Activity Books for 25 students, 1 Teacher's Manual, and credentials for one log-in to access the stories in an interactive format online. Online log-in credentials will be good for one calendar year from the day of receipt. This package works out to $20/student and $125 for the Teacher's Manual.
Package for 50 Students, $1,125: Comes with Activity Books for 50 students, 2 Teacher's Manuals, and credentials for two log-ins to access the stories in an interactive format online. Online log-in credentials will be good for one calendar year from the day of receipt. We're offering this package at a 10% discount rate, which works out to $18/student and $112.50 per Teacher's Manual.
Package for 75 Students, $1,590: Comes with Activity Books for 75 students, 3 Teacher's Manuals, and credentials for three log-ins to access the stories in an interactive format online. Online log-in credentials will be good for one calendar year from the day of receipt. We're offering this package at a 15% discount rate, which works out to $17/student and $106.25 per Teacher's Manual.
Purchasing and Delivery
- The price for each package includes delivery to your school in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.
- We deliver to other locations besides Dubai or Abu Dhabi. Please consult us for delivery to other locations besides Dubai or Abu Dhabi. There may be an extra fee for this delivery.
- On average orders are fulfilled within two weeks.
- For purchases for more than 250 students: If you will be purchasing packages for more than 250 students, please contact us first at (email@example.com) for a special discount.
- Purchases for all Grades can be made online at this website.
- Licensing Agreement: Purchaser agrees to the Licensing Agreement at time of purchase. You can find the Licensing Agreement here.
- Activities and assignments are based on aspects of reading and writing literacy. The information, fictional stories, learning outcomes, assignments and general teaching material are intentionally designed to be flexible so you, as a teacher, can guide students, offer supplementary information, point out linkages, direct students to conduct independent research and assist students in formulating sentences, thoughts, text, analysis, etc.
- Reading assignments are all fictional stories, based on historical fact and characters, and of a variety of literary genres.
- Interactive Stories can be read and enjoyed on a Web Browser such as Safari, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, etc.
- Stories can be read on any device that has a Web Browser (tablet, iPad, desktop computer, laptop computer, iPhone or Android phone). All stories function on all operating systems such as Apple / Mac and/or PC/Windows. Please make sure the internet is on and volume turned up to a audible level. The interactive stories are best enjoyed when viewing from a laptop or desktop computer or a table.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.
- For further information, please visit: (https://globalsleepover.com/uae-social-studies-curriculum/)